Are you an ideal candidate for breast augmentation?
Women consider breast augmentation surgery for a variety of reasons.
Sometimes, sovaldi sale a woman is dissatisfied with breasts that are smaller than she wants. Or a woman’s breasts have lost volume following pregnancy or weight loss, or because of the aging process. Sometimes, her breasts have developed unevenly. And sometimes she requires breast reconstruction surgery following mastectomy or traumatic injury.
Whatever your reasons, there are still certain considerations the surgeon must weigh before approving you for this surgery.
- Your overall health is one. No surgery is risk-free, and a woman in good health, with no major medical complications at the time of surgery, is better able to resist infection and heal following surgery.
- Your age is another. Younger women in general recover from surgery more quickly, but there are also age considerations that guide the type of implant you can have. Saline implants can be placed for women 18 years of age or older; silicone implants can be placed for women over 21 years of age.
- Your expectations. They should be realistic and clearly defined. As exciting as it may be to have breasts that reflect your image of yourself, breast augmentation will not give you a “perfect” body, and may not result in a change in the way others perceive or treat you.
- Your understanding. You should not schedule any surgery without a clear understanding of how it is performed, what you can expect during recovery, and how the risks balance the benefits.
Find Your Physician
There are also contraindications, things that will suggest to a surgeon that you should not have breast augmentation surgery.
- An unhealthy lifestyle or medical conditions that make you unfit for surgery.
- A lack of physical maturity in your body’s development.
- Low self-esteem, or a feeling that you need to have this surgery to satisfy someone else’s vision for or of you.
If your health, age, expectations, and understanding about breast augmentation all make you a good candidate for this surgery, or if you have questions that you want answered while you make your decision, you should talk them over with your surgeon to be sure you’re making the right decision for you.
View Patient Experiences
Dr. Lyle Delivers Expert Advice to Patients via Information Exchange Website and Forum BreastAugmentation.com Prominent breast augmentation surgeon Dr. Lyle has joined BreastAugmentation.com as an expert consultant in breast augmentation, reconstruction and body contouring. Dr. Lyle is a renowned breast augmentation specialist who concentrates…
After more than two years of designing and construction, unhealthy Dr. Paul Vitenas is excited to announce the opening of Houston’s Mirror Mirror Beauty Boutique. The first of its kind in any city, Mirror Mirror Beauty Boutique offers premium aesthetic services in a stunning, state-of-the-art…
While many patients choose a breast augmentation procedure to enhance and improve their appearance, some undergo surgery to restore what was lost in a mastectomy due to cancer. Breast Reconstruction Awareness Day, or BRA Day, occurs annually in October and is an initiative designed to…