The term “boob” job is a slang term or common term for the technical term “breast augmentation”.
Breast augmentation has historically meant the placement of a silicone or a saline filled silicone implant under the skin or under the muscle of a breast. Today, the term has expanded to include the placement of fat in a breast pocket.
Breast augmentation or boob job has many separate elements which must be determined between you and your Board Certified plastic surgeon. Some of these decisions are:
1. Which manufacturer to use.
2. Above or below the muscle.
3. Silicone or saline, with or without fat.
4. Textured or smooth.
5. Route of entry (through armpit, around areola, or below breast).
6. Teardrop or round (moderate, moderate plus, or high profile).
7. Size of implant, usually in ccs.
These are just two words for the same thing – enlarging the breasts through a surgical procedure. In some cases, the term “boob job” is used to suggest that the results are very fake or unnatural looking. Most women who want augmentation these days select implants and surgical techniques that produce a very naturally enhanced appearance.
Visit Doctor Profile
View All Questions